Title: Guns and Spaceships
Disclaimer: Neither The West Wing nor Battlestar Galactica belong to me in any way, more's the pity.
Rating: G
Pairing: Josh/Donna
Category: AU, fluff, very slight angst, post-series, involves BSG but not actually a crossover.
Feedback: Much appreciated.
Archiving: Please ask.
Timeline: Sometime during the Santos administration.
Acknowledgments: Thanks to Amy for proofreading.

A/N: This scene occurred to me while I was watching BSG the other day, so I thought I might as well write it down.

Donna Moss-Lyman walked into the living room and chuckled at the sight of her husband staring at the TV, a forgotten briefing book open on his lap. She glanced at the screen and saw the Sci-Fi Channel logo in the corner.

"You're enthralled, Joshua," she said. "Am I going to have to tell the President that you didn't finish your homework because you got sucked into some stupid Sci-Fi Channel movie of the week again?"

"Huh?" He clearly wasn't listening.

"What is it this time? Giant Snakes Part 8? Sea Monsters Meet Killer Sharks?"

"Nah, it's BSG," he answered, his eyes not moving from the screen.

"What is it with that show? You're obsessed."

"It's – they're just like us," he explained. "It's all politics. Except they get guns and spaceships."

Donna walked over to him and placed a hand on Josh's chest as she dropped a quick kiss on his lips.

"Don't you think guns and spaceships have caused enough trouble for us and the people we love?" she chided gently.

He finally tore his eyes away from the screen and looked at his wife. She recognized the expression in his eyes – it was the one that showed just how bad he felt when he hurt her by making light of the awful things they'd been through.

"Yes, of course. I'm sorry." He pulled her in for another kiss. "But some days I really would rather deal with Cylons than Republicans."

Home